Third Street Baptist Church
307 North 3rd Street
Cordele, GA 31015
Third Street Baptist Church was founded in 1927. Its congregation consists of approximately 50 in attendance. Its physical footprint includes a main sanctuary building (holds approx. 200) with multiple Sunday School rooms as well as a Pastor’s Study. It also has a separate fellowship hall that (holds approx. 150-200 individuals.) The church also owns a 3 bedroom 2 bathroom parsonage that includes a study, located across the street from the main building for the pastor and his family to reside in. The facilities are well maintained to reflect the care for the things of God. The church is debt free and has a positive image in the community.
Our church is currently seeking a full-time pastor to lead the congregation, by providing a balanced ministry of preaching, teaching, pastoral care, and organized leadership.
We desire a leader that will develop programs that will exemplify and encourage faith in our religious ideals and enable the church to grow to its fullest potential in membership and spiritual vitality and adapt to the more blended style of worship(traditional/contemporary worship experience).
• Lead the congregation to engage in a daily walk with God and be submissive to the leadership of the Holy Spirit in all things
• Actively help the church identify and use each member’s gifts in ministry
• Preach the word of God from Genesis to the Revelation of Jesus Christ regularly from the pulpit (Sunday morning, Sunday night, and Wednesday night)
• Coordinate Sunday Services with the Minister of Music and director of Children and Youth.
• Perform weddings that meet the Biblical definition of marriage only, funerals, and baby dedications as requested.
• Lead in observations of the church which include but are not limited to the quarterly communion services
• Regular visitation to members and prospective members with the assistance of the deacons and other church members. This especially includes shut ins, hospital patients, and the elderly
• Arrange pulpit supply in case of absence (sick or vacation).
• Team player with the ability to delegate as appropriate
• Adaptable, while being a firm leader
• Strong organizational skills
• Possesses a heart to serve
• College degree with focus on ministry, theology, and/or Bible training
• Ordination/ licensing of the ministry of like faith and practice
• Experience in a leadership role preferably as a pastor or in a church setting
To apply for the position please submit resume, references, and written account of your salvation experience and call to pastorship no later that April 15, 2023 to email@example.com. Links to audio or video samples of sermons, existing blogs, journal articles, social media posts, or other material are welcome.