LBF Application Process
Study and pray over the documents (listed below) to determine whether or not you (and your wife, if applicable) can be happy and productive servants of Jesus Christ within the doctrinal, biblical, and procedural expectations of LBF for its chaplain families. Give particular attention in this application examination to the Doctrinal Statement, Biblical Guidelines, and Covenant.
If you would like to apply to Liberty Baptist Fellowship to become a chaplain, please follow these instructions and allow 3-4 weeks to complete your application.
Submit an Application. Requirements for the application include:
- Paying the non-refundable $125 application fee
- Transcripts of your undergraduate and seminary training
- Copy of your diploma(s) from college and seminary (not applicable to Seminary Program candidate)
- Copy of ordination certificate (if applicable, and only local church ordinations are accepted)
- Letter of recommendation from the pastor of the church where you are now a member, or if you are the pastor, from an appropriate representative of the church
- Recruiter name and email
Upon endorsement all LBF chaplains and chaplain candidates are required to:
- Sign up for monthly withdrawals of $30.00 for chaplains or $10.00 for chaplain candidates and volunteers.
- Complete a semi-annual report in January and July.
- Attend the LBF annual chaplains conference or another faith based conference if unable to attend the LBF conference (does not apply to candidates.)
Discovering a Higher Calling
Soldiers are at the Heart of a Chaplains Ministry. Chaplains serve the spiritual needs of sailors, marines, and airmen as well as caring for the soldiers’ families.