LBF Application Process
Study and pray over the documents (listed below) to determine whether or not you (and your wife, if applicable) can be happy and productive servants of Jesus Christ within the doctrinal, biblical, and procedural expectations of LBF for its chaplain families. Give particular attention in this application examination to the Doctrinal Statement, Biblical Guidelines, and Covenant.
If you would like to apply to Liberty Baptist Fellowship to become a chaplain, please follow these instructions and expect about 3-4 weeks to complete the process. The steps are outlined below.
As you take your first steps in your decision to be endorsed by LBF, please carefully read the following documents.
General Requirements Check List:
- Member of local church and in good standing
- In agreement with our doctrinal statement and biblical guidelines
Requirements for Military:
- In a pastoral position (staff member at your local church)
- Ordained through local church (for military Chaplain Candidates this would need to be done before advancing to regular Chaplain status)
Additional Requirements for Military Active Duty:
- Performed at least 2 funerals, 1 wedding, a Lord’s Supper, and a Baptism.
- A 12 minute video sermon
- 2 years of pastoral ministry experience
Provide Endorsing Agent with pre-application information and ask any questions about endorsement in order to determine eligibility. Either Dr. Keith or Dr. Travis will be in touch to answer any questions.
- Transcripts of your undergraduate and seminary training
- Copy of ordination certificate (if applicable, only local church ordinations are accepted)
- Letter of recommendation from the pastor of the church where you are now a member, or if you are the pastor, from an appropriate representative of the church
- Recruiter name and email
- Paying the non-refundable $125 application fee (will be charged after application is checked for completeness)
Upon endorsement all LBF chaplains and chaplain candidates are required to:
- Sign up for monthly withdrawals of $30.00 for chaplains or $10.00 for chaplain candidates and volunteers.
- Complete a semi-annual report in January and July.
- Attend the LBF annual chaplains conference, or another faith based conference if unable to attend the LBF conference (does not apply to candidates.)
Discovering a Higher Calling
Soldiers are at the Heart of a Chaplains Ministry. Chaplains serve the spiritual needs of sailors, marines, and airmen as well as caring for the soldiers’ families.